Happy 2013. Well, not yet, soon. Hopefully your holidays are all going well, filled with cheer and lots of eggnog, as you prepare to ring in the new year with games aplenty. The Shacknews staff is bustling away in preparation for a new round of awards, playing and re-playing noteworthy titles from the last year as our deliberations come to a close. Check out what we’re playing, and tell us how you plan to celebrate a brand new year!
(Click any editor’s name to visit their Twitter page. Follow Shacknews on Twitter for regular updates.)
- Garnett Lee: Got to the part about six hours into Persona 4 Golden where all its systems are open. This is going to be awesome. So many variables to play with.
- John Keefer: Iâve been spending a lot of time with FTL. I can definitely see why a lot of people have it on their Game of the Year lists. Iâm also preparing to dive into Far Cry 3, and I still need to play Mass Effect 3 for our GotY selections. It will be a long, but busy weekend.
- Andrew Yoon: What am I not playing? Like the rest of the Shack team, Iâm trying to get through many of the games of 2012 that Iâve missed. On the top of the list: Halo 4.
- Alice O’Connor: Now that I have returned home from visiting family, I shall play a spot of Dota 2 this weekend. It is a video game of which I am quite fond.
- Jeff Mattas: This week, it’s all about trying to finish up some games in time to decide on GotY. On that note, I’ll be trying to wrap up Dishonored, Halo 4, and Darksiders 2. A copy of Guild Wars 2 also made it into my possession, so I’ll be giving that a proper go this weekend as well. Happy New Year!
- Steve Watts: I’ve been working my way through Borderlands 2‘s next bit of DLC, and toying with Retro City Rampage on my Vita. Plus I have an iPad in my future, so I’ll be looking forward to trying some games out on a much larger screen than my phone. App recommendations are welcome.
- Ozzie Mejia: I passed the Christmas holiday by watching dozens of people die horrible deaths in The Walking Dead, so maybe I’ll ring in the new year with Dishonored and Halo 4.
- Tyler J. Smith: 2013 is just about here, and with it comes a cavalcade of new titles. But for now, Assassin’s Creed III looks to take up most of my free time. Somehow, I’ve managed to play through the entire Assassins saga in just under three months, even with a thirty-hour Far Cry 3 pit stop.
View original here:
What are you playing: 2012 post-mortem