Thursday, January 31, 2013 is over with Late Night Computing.
Goodness, it’s been awhile since I fired up Starcraft II. I figured there might be a patch or two to download, only to find nearly two gigs of updates. That’s….impressive. Still, I’m going to replay through the campaign before Heart of the Swarm comes out in March. It’s not the best writing or story, but I’m a sucker for the lore.
- Play Wordament and earn Xbox Live achievements in your web browser, for free! [via Xbox]
- John Riccitiello of Electronic Arts denies any link between violent video games and “actual violence.” [via BBC Technology]
- What would happen if you were granted a super power? Would you use it for good, or for evil? Researchers attempt to figure out just that. [via Popular Science]
- The New York Times weathered four separate attacks by Chinese hackers over the last four months as their reporters find that Prime Minister Wen Jiabao has silently built a fortune. [via New York Times]
- As the number of Android apps eclipse the number of iOS apps, which of the two marketplaces host the better quality apps? Find out. [via ReadWriteWeb]
Chatty posts of the moment:
Make sure you log-in and check your filters if you can’t see the following:
- “What are some of the best games out there that don’t have violence? Every once in a while I try to come up with a good list of these types of games and they’re almost always relegated to puzzle games. That makes me sad as violence is such an easy game mechanic to exploit that it makes people not try for other things.” [by Ecks]
- “Chivalry patch today?! just noticed mine is updating and its a pretty big one, this could be epic :D” [by InfectedSoul]
Galaxy in Flames: The Crucible 01.00.00 for Windows, Mac, and Linux. “An HD remake of the always fun Asteroids! Now with missiles and pretty particle effects! The first game in a series of games set in the Galaxy In Flames universe.” Download the client for Mac, Linux 32-bit, Linux 64-bit, Windows 32-bit, or Windows 64-bit.
Star Trek: Online Third Anniversary trailer:
Star Trek: Online celebrates three years of interstellar travel with new ships and missions.
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 14 shows off new gameplay enhancements with a new trailer, Grand Theft Auto V releases a gallery of new screenshots, SimCity shows off its limited edition in new screenshots, and Grid 2 wants you to pre-order with screenshots of exclusive content.
See the original post:
Late Night Computing: January 31, 2013